Helping your family avoid cavities.
How It Works
At our Renton office, Dr. Caldwell can perform this procedure quickly and without any discomfort or anesthetic.
Here is how Dr. Caldwell provides dental sealants:
- Your tooth or teeth are washed, dried, and isolated with either cotton rolls or a rubber dam.
- The teeth are then etched with a special gel that roughens the teeth, so the sealant material has a rough surface to adhere.
- Once that is rinsed off, the sealant material flows into the teeth’ grooves and is light-cured.
- Dr. Caldwell will then check for rough edges and make sure floss can pass between the teeth.
- Sealants only last a few years and may need to be repaired or replaced periodically.
This cost-effective, simple step may help your child enter adulthood with fewer fillings.
Book Your Appointment